Julliette's Place is committed to protecting your privacy. Clients, donors, and volunteers are protected by policies established by our Board of Directors. To find out more about our privacy policies please click the links below.
Information we collect
Julliette’s Place collects and uses personal information from donors that includes: name, amount donated, address, telephone number, donor comments, and e-mail address.The Canada Revenue Agency requires that Julliette’s Place keep contact information and contribution level of donors on file.
How, When and Why information is used
Julliette’s Place (H.F.S.) will never publish, sell, trade, rent, or share names or contact information of donors (unless stipulated for release and or publication by the donor). Your written consent is required.
We will use contact information (e-mail, telephone number and address) of donors for the following purposes only:
- Distribute receipts for donations
- Thank donors for their donation
- Inform donors about upcoming fundraising and other activities
- Internal analysis and record keeping
- Reporting to relevant government agencies (these reports are not for public inspection)
- Contact donors about changes to this policy
Unless a donor explicitly chooses to remain anonymous, we will publicly recognize their donation. In all other cases, the default is for staff and volunteers to assume all donations are to be publicly acknowledged unless the donor explicitly indicates otherwise.
Comments given or sent to us via email, fax or telephone is kept strictly confidential.
Donor bill of rights
Access to donor financial information is strictly limited to professional staff that needs to process the data. No data is ever given to any person, organization, or group without the written consent of the donor.
Financial donations can be made online through Pay Pal processing which has world-class security and a strong reputation. Julliette’s Place does not store, nor does it have access to, your credit card information, bank account numbers, or other account data submitted through Pay Pal.
is a tradition of giving and sharing that is fundamental to the quality of life, based on voluntary action for the common good. Philanthropy is also based on mutual respect and trust of the general public. Therefore, Julliette’s Place assures current donors and prospective donors full confidence in our services and programs, and the causes we support by declaring that all donors have the following rights:
- To be informed of the organization’s mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes;
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization’s governing board, and to expect the Board of Directors to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities;
- To have access to the organization’s most recent financial statements;
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given and or directed;
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law;
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature;
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors;
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from the mailing lists that an organization may intend to share; and,
- To freely ask questions when making a donation and receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
|Association of Fundraising Professionals (AFP)
Independent Sector (AHP)
Association for Healthcare Philanthropy
National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC)
Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG)
Giving Institute: Leading Consultants to Non-Profits
Council for Resource Development (CRD)
United Way of America